Monday 24 February 2014

Take a Look at Me Now by Miranda Dickinson.

This is the first book by Miranda Dickinson I have read. I added this book to my reading pile due to my fellow bloggers giving it a great review and I was not disappointed.
If I did not have my lovely daughters and housework to deal with I would have read this book in one sitting !!!!!! It's that good.
Thus story is based alround Nell Sullivan, she works for the council in the planning department and has been there for mny years. Nell has always stuck to her five year plan in work and relationships or should I say relationship with Aiden who is on off boyfriend material .
Nell walk into work one morning think that Aiden had a change of heart and that they are meant to be together but hits her with the blow that she is losing her job there and then due to downsizing. Nell stocked then mad then calm as the information sets in Nell starts to think that she wants to do something special with her payout. As they leave the office most of the group head to the pub to drown they sorrows but Nell's as other ideas and walks into a travel agents and out of the blue she decides to visit her cousin Lizzy in San Francisico for 8 weeks !!!!!
As soon as Nell arrives she knows she made the right choice, after spending a week sight seeing with Lizzy the city starts to feel like home. While in this lovely city  meets some great characters in the way from Annie a crazy diner owner that dishes up the die for waffles to Prince Charming Max Rossi.
Being in San Francisco Nell has a clear head and realises that Aiden really isn't the love of her life and also starts to think about her future and realising that she has been putting her dream on hold  her live for cooking, so Nell volunteers at Annie's for the rest of her stay to get work experience  and soon loves working there but that's  not the only thing Nell is falling in love with......
But before she knows she fallen in love with Max and it's time to go on the eve of her return to the Uk Nell discovery the max has a daughter and he is still live his wife!!!!!!
When home Nell has no time for tears as she is making her dreams comes true and along the way Aiden gets her on the way to her dream we'll she thinks it's her dream will she open her diner in  the UK or will Nell find her way back to the heart of San Francisco!!!!!

I live this book from ten first Chapter and it reminds me of all the places I visited on my honeymoon so if you have not read this book then go get a copy and read xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment