Monday 1 December 2014

The French Christmas by Fiona Valpy

I would like to say a big thank you to Kim @ Bookouture , for this wonder book and my first book review by this author.

 We meet Evie in this story and chistmas is not her favourite time of year, hearts he struck her and her life has not been the same since I felt that she was putting living life on hold . Depression strike and Evie is given a chance to escape to a place where no one whos she is and finds herself in the middle of France at.Chirstmas time .

After visiting a French local farmers market , Evie finds a glimmer of light through the looking of cooking good food discovering new recipes and old ones from her grandmothers cookbook !!!

She finds opening up about her loser her still born baby to the locum Doctor  Didier ( I pictureed Bradley copper in this part !!!!) when they come too a aid of a horse in trouble labour and help give birth the a health horse ....

We find that Evie is not the only one running away from they past , so will Doctor Didier put faith back into happy ever after or will his past break they future of happiness together and that's all the spoilers I'm afraid you will have to read the book.

What I loved about this book my imagination went wild with the descriptions of the French countryside and the wonderful descriptions of food throught the book , I felt like I hada hoilday with leaving my chair .

No comments:

Post a Comment